Last month I shared with you my monthly process for setting goals. You can read here about my November goal setting. Today I’ll share a little about how it all went. For the sake of honesty I must tell you that my November goals got away from me a little more than I would have liked. But here’s the thing. I love goal setting partly because it’s a time to be really honest. And I think honesty is completely underrated, I’m talking the kind of honesty that makes some people twinge. If I shared with you about my goal setting it would be totally not okay for me to report back today and say it was great. I did it all. Go me! Come on December! Well it would be okay if that were the TRUTH.
Quick recap my goals in November:
Keep it simple.
This was my first tip and I think partly why I struggled in the areas of my goals that I did. I made it a little more complicated than I was able to keep up with. At this point in my life simple is key in general. While I did keep it within a number of goals some were too complex, especially the 30 minutes a few times a week with each of the boys. But hey we learn through trial and error, right?!
- I wanted to increase my blog traffic by 50 %. And while this isn’t a complete science as I’m basing it on views and not visits for now (since I’m struggling to figure out the analytics- a goal for a later month when I’ve perfected patience!) In October I had 733 views. In November I had 1303!!!! Almost 100% increase. Yay.
- The other goal I wanted to set was an income goal and I never did this for November, atrocious I know. I learned that if I don’t do this, it’s not good. We will leave it at that and be thankful December is a new month.
- Personal goal was about spending time with the boys, it wasn’t as measurable as I would have liked it to be. We were away for a full week together so I felt like I was spending copious amount of time with them, the quality is questionable. If I’m completely honest I feel really guilty about this goal and not making it work more but I’m focusing on right now and moving forward no point in dwelling here.
- Financial: This is I did. Proud of it! No credit card usage :).
- Exercise: Ha. 3 times a week, not sure if I exercised 3 times in November. I’m tabling this now. Update later.
- Spiritual: The prayer thing wasn’t as consistent
happening at all.I know I feel awful about it.
Looking at the month of November from a goal stand point looks slightly grim. But for me it’s really about seeing if the goal setting is pointing me in the direction of becoming who I want to be. And for as much as some months it feels like I didn’t make the goals sometimes it’s less about me not doing something and more about me not knowing the real goals I desire or need to be setting. I’m switching stuff up for December’s goals and am feeling pumped up about it.
I’ll be back with more on that.