It’s been a crazy
life. week. day! I have a feeling it’s gonna be crazy for quite some time. So I started thinking that I have to be more concrete in my life. None of this oh maybe I’ll -fill in the blank with some overly ambitious goal- and that will make me relax or re-focus.
Why? Because to put it bluntly it just doesn’t freaking work…..So today I’m going to give you 5 quick and painless ways that I like to take a second and chill out.
5. Deep breaths. Seriously this doesn’t just work with my two year old. If I take a few deep breaths, it’s amazing what I can conquer after. And who knew there’s science behind this! Gotta love that.
4. Stretch or Move That Body. So, I was going to say run because I love to run. But I said quick and painless and at times for me running is neither of those things. Lately, however I’ve gotten really into just shutting my office door and doing a few quick stretches. It’s amazing what it can do for you.
3. Cold water. Okay I know the ice bucket challenge was really big awhile back but I’m not talking about dumping cold water anywhere. I’m way too much of a wimp for that. A nice glass of cold water though can be super refreshing. Plus, I can’t help but feel like I’m doing something good for myself. Go me! 😉
2. Turn it Up. The variety is wide and to be honest my taste in music is quite eclectic. But whether it’s Brandi Carlile’s (swoon) That Wasn’t Me, or Shake it Off by my girl Taylor Swift (I’m not afraid to admit my love.) The music matters nowhere near as much as your ability to turn it up and pretend like you sound JUST LIKE the artist. Don’t lie…you know you do this!
1. Laugh. Really hard. If I don’t know what to laugh at I call my sister Maureen we laugh about really ridiculous things and it’s amazing. I think she’d be mad if I put her cell phone number on here for you to call so instead here are some other things that make me laugh- other people like Jimmy Fallon and Bradley cooper in a laughing fit and someecards really do it for me.
What is your best way to restart or refresh? Please share!